Buyers, designers, and order-writers were up 31%, as compared to the last Milan edition, at the just concluded Denim Première Vision (DPV) at the Arena Berlin.
The two-day show that concluded 18 May was high in terms of inspiration, materials sourcing, search for new partners and business development opportunities. It hosted 83 exhibitors and more than 3000 professionals and visitors from about 46 countries, including fashion and luxury brands, retailers, pure jeanswear players, web players, weavers, fashion manufacturers/laundries/finishers, accessory makers and technology developers.
VISITOR PROFILE: Buyers from Germany topped the roster with 26% of visitors, the other international attendees were 74% from Europe (Italy, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland, Serbia, Belgium, Portugal, Austria), the United States, the Euro-Mediterranean basin (Turkey, Morocco, Tunisia), Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, Japan) and Latin America (Brazil, Argentina).
EVENT HIGHLIGHTS: The PV Denim Fashion District that made its debut at this edition saw 10 brands and designers present pieces developed in collaboration with show exhibitors, pieces they will include in their collections for next season.
The optimised services and tools ensured that the Première Vision Marketplace provided for good networking opportunities and business-focused meetings between buyers and suppliers in the stands as well as online.
The Trends Agora was an inspiring and informative space at the heart of the show to help visitors get a feel for the season, and discover key products be they fabric samples, finished products or accessories as also AW 23-24 trends.
The other events included among several others a Denim Season Seminar, a digital Live Sourcing show to help zero-in on the season’s key themes; Digital Denim Smart Talks to review the sector’s ecological progress and innovations in terms of sustainable materials; a Season Smart Talk presenting new eco-friendly denim developments; a Traceability Smart Talk to discover traceable-production solutions offered by the show’s exhibitors.